The Department of State, United States of America, requires that this completed form (DSP-83) be included as a part of an application for authorization to export Significant Military Equipment (SME) and classified equipment or data (22 CFR §§ 123, 10 (d) and 125.21). Failure to submit may result in the application being “Returned Without Action” (R W A). The form (DSP-83) must be completed by the appropriate foreign persons (e.g., consignee, end-user, government) and forwarded to the Department of State through the U.S. person making the application.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING
NONTRANSFER AND USE CERTIFICATE (DSP-83 FORM)
To obtain the export license, Sparton must submit to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE a DSP-83 Form and the Customer’s Purchase Order. Certain areas (Blocks) of the DSP-83 Form must be completed by you, our customer, prior to Sparton applying for the export license.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED INFORMATION TO THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE WILL RESULT IN EXTENSIVE DELAYS IN OBTAINING THE EXPORT LICENSE. This, in turn, may result in the delay of our ability to ship your product in accordance with your requested delivery date.
As our customer, you must complete the following blocks:\
- #3. NAME OF FOREIGN END-USER. Please indicate complete name and address. Show the foreign person that will receive the articles/data for end use. A bank, freight forwarding agent, or other intermediary is not acceptable as an end-user.
- #4. COUNTRY OF ULTIMATE DESTINATION. Show the country in which the articles/data shall ultimately receive end-use
- #5. ARTICLES/DATA. Please indicate product QUANTITY and VALUE. In the Block under ARTICLES/DATA DESCRIPTION, please indicate the product being purchased and a detailed statement on how the product will be used. Please be specific. Show precise quantities of the articles/data. List each article/data clearly, giving type, model number, make and (if known) U.S. military designation or national stock number. When components and spare parts are involved, fully identify the minor component, major component and end item in which they will be used (e.g. hydrophones for the AN/SSQ-53D). Give a separate value for each major component. Values must represent only the selling price and not include supplementary costs such as packing and freight. For additional articles/data use an attachment sheet that includes “quantity, description and value” and make the last line in the description block “See attachment”. The attachment should include the DTC case number or a purchase order/contract number.
- #6. CERTIFICATION OF FOREIGN CONSIGNEE. If the customer (Buyer) is the Foreign Consignee as well as the End-User, a Company Official Signature (in ink) is required in both Blocks #6 and #7 with the date and Company Seal (if applicable). To be completed by the foreign person who has entered into the export transaction with the applicant to purchase the articles/data for delivery to the end-user. This item shall be completed only if the foreign consignee is not the same as the foreign end-user.
- #7. CERTIFICATION OF FOREIGN END-USER. If the customer (Buyer) is the Foreign Consignee but not the Ultimate End-User, the Buyer’s signature (in ink) is required in Block #6, dated and Company Seal (if applicable). The Ultimate End-User must then complete Block #7 with an Official signature, date, and Company Seal (if applicable). To be completed by the foreign person, in the country of ultimate destination, who will make final use of the articles/data.
- #8. CERTIFICATION OF FOREIGN GOVERNMENT. If the End-User is any form of Military, Block #8 must be signed (in ink) by a foreign government Official, dated, and with the Foreign Government Official, dated, and with the Foreign Government Seal (if applicable). When requested by the Department of State, this item is to be completed by an official of the country of ultimate destination having the authority to so commit the government of that country.
DSP-83 From Download HERE
After the appropriate Blocks are completed, please return the original DSP-83 Form to:
Attn: Robert Bagnato
1008 S. Center St
Mesa, AZ 85210